As one of the few Santa Barbara Web Design firms that specializes in WordPress development for websites, mobile sites and over all UX/UI we are proud to offer a complete suite of WordPress development services. For a client who needs a WordPress site we typically do a very simple custom web design with a customizable WordPress Theme the client loves.
As a personal long time WordPress supporter, developer, moderator and user we’re happy to announce our business WordPress Profile so you can track some of our work and WordPress contributions.
What is Content Management System?
“A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual steps or an automated cascade. CMSs have been available since the late 1990s. CMSs are often used to run websites containing blogs, news, and shopping. Many corporate and marketing websites use CMSs. CMSs typically aim to avoid the need for hand coding, but may help it for specific elements or entire pages.”
The use of WordPress has been been increasing substantially and is really showing up online. We use WordPress as our platform, we’re able to offer a wide range of design options, widget add-ons, search engine optimization, and an easy-to-use content management system so that you can update your site at your convenience.
“74,652,825 sites out there are depending on good ol’ WordPress. That’s one site per person in Turkey. Around 50% of this figure (close to 37 million) is hosted on the free WordPress.com. In the realm of self-hosted sites, WordPress accounts for 18.9% of all websites.” – Akismet
The WordPress & SEO Relationship
We started using WordPress for our Santa Barbara clients because “google loves WordPress” not only is WordPress easy to use for our Santa Barbara clients WordPress is easy to crawl and the google bots know how to navigate WordPress site maps, posts and pages very well, for a Santa Barbara WordPress developer that is the best of all worlds.
Google is constantly changing their ranking system and smart content management systems and Santa Barbara SEO is essential to maintaining a strong web presence in the local Santa Barbara website community/search results.
As a SEO company Show Up Web Design thinks the best Santa Barbara websites show up highly ranked in Google, part of a websites ranking have to do with their content management system. This is not an easy task for WordPress so we add other services for our clients to boost their SEO such as: freelance writing, PR writing, article writing and overall search engine optimization.
More about WordPress UX and UI Design.
“The people you have eavesdropped on are actually discussing two professions that despite having been around for decades, and in theory for centuries, have been defined by the tech industry as UX and UI Design.
UX Design refers to the term User Experience Design, while UI Design stands for User Interface Design. Both elements are crucial to a product and work closely together. But despite their professional relationship, the roles themselves are quite different, referring to very different parts of the process and the design discipline. Where UX Design is a more analytical and technical field, UI Design is closer to what we refer to as graphic design, though the responsibilities are somewhat more complex.”
Follow these simple, yet strategic tips for website creation, design, and branding success.
1. Never underestimate the power your online presence has and the business it can generate. Think of your company or professional website as your first impression. Don’t you want to make a great- and lasting impression upon first meeting? Most “first impressions” happen online today. Make sure your website is modern, clean and easy to navigate. Most importantly, make sure your website clearly illustrates what you do, who you are, what you stand for (as a business).
2. Please make it easy for people to find what they need. We all know how frustrating it is when we go to a website and can’t find business hours, contact information, a restaurant’s menus, the list goes on and on. The main reason to go to a website is for more information. Have your business information easily accessible and ready for current and future customers/ clients/ fans etc. Integrate your social media accounts so people can like you on facebook, follow you on twitter. People will get over clicking around and leave your site within ten seconds. Don’t lose the traffic!
3. A responsive, dynamic design is crucial. This means making sure your site is desktop, tablet and mobile friendly. You want current and potential clients and customers to be able to navigate through your site on all devices. Test your site to make sure your theme is modern and is responsive, a study recently reported that “more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US and Japan.” With that said, you definitely want a mobile presence.
4. All about that branding. Branding is vital to any business or professional. If your business cards, website, and logo don’t mesh and are not consistent, you are not branding yourself properly. The idea is you have a business, product and your website and marketing materials match the vibe of that business/ product. If you are designing or redesigning your website, make sure to follow through on all other aspects to ensure consistency of your brand. Order updated business cards, manage your social media accounts and update photos, logos etc. It is the first thing that separates the amateurs from the pros.
5. Content will always be King. Always remember this: people like to be engaged, and they want fresh, relevant content. Aim for at least 400 words in an article on your site and always include 1-3 applicable images. Content should never include “filler” or fluff” or be outdated and useless. Use AdWords for help in determining strategic content.Content is key for branding, SEO, and your reputation. In regards to content, quality and quantity matter; quality meaning well written, information and engaging, quantity meaning how often you add and update your site’s content.
6. Know your link neighborhood. Another crucial tip for SEO. Don’t be the bad neighbor, or the neighbor nobody wants to visit. Make sure you don’t include too many links, broken or bad links, or have too many ads on your site and in your articles. Provide your readers and visitors with useful and trusted links. Do not send anyone to a sub-par resource or site, it will annoy them and you will lose your credibility with not only them but with Google too. Do the research and spend the extra time to make sure your hood is safe and friendly.
7. Trust your web developer & choose carefully. Because your online presence is such a big deal, you shouldn’t just trust anyone with designing it. Seek out other company sites that are popular or the aesthetic you prefer and find out who their designer/ developer is. Request consultations with designers. It also helps to go local. You can ask friends for referrals and see a designer’s portfolio and their success online. A local designer is essentially your own personal project manager, creative director, technical officer and marketing exec all at your fingertips. A local designer’s reputation only flourishes due to a strong local following based on their body of work. Ensuring your happiness with the end result of the project is their number one objective. Choosing local is great if you want to be able to interface with someone, especially if your business is local. They know your area, they know what works, trust them.
Best Website Design for Santa Barbara Businesses!
Show Up Web Design is a local Santa Barbara business and we care about our community! Website design for Santa Barbara-based businesses is our specialty and we love creating modern, responsive, dynamic and content rich sites and branding strategies for local businesses. Having a local edge means we know your competition, where you are in the marketplace and what works in this town.
Santa Barbara, CA is a hub for expensive real estate (both residential and commercial), amazing restaurants, boutique retailers, and has many colleges and universities for being a “smaller” town. Because of it’s beautiful landscape, beaches and year-round sunny weather, Santa Barbara is a tourist favorite. With cruise ships rolling in more than ever, and even more celebrities purchasing homes in the area, tourism is booming. Being a true “locals” town with strong support for small local business and tradition, Santa Barbara is also very much a tourist town. Having a business here means capitalizing on both a strong local following and showing up in search results for the increasing tourism.
They best way to do this is to build a true brand. Building a brand starts with a great website, your ultimate online resource and first impression. Web development and design is key for your business because from your site, you can then build a consistent presence around town. Your website design, marketing (business cards, brochures, flyers, newsletters, etc) social media and advertising should all look clean and consistent. You want your target audience to know who you are and to never feel confused about what services you provide.
Website design in Santa Barbara is crucial for real estate agents who rely on their marketing to sell a home and make their living. A commercial real estate brokerage also relies heavily on their website for broker bios, recent deals, closings, PR, quarterly reports and newsletters. Someone looking to sell, buy or lease a commercial space wants to know what brokerage has the best results and success in the community. They want to see recent deals, they want to view current listings and they want it all at their fingertips. Local eateries need an amazing website to showcase their menus, events, and hours. The first thing someone does when deciding which restaurant to eat at it is to go to a restaurant’s website. If the website is outdated or the menu is hard to find and read, or if it doesn’t have a full menu integrated, it is a huge turn off for potential diners. With a local shop or new retail store what do you want potential customers to see and learn about you?
You need a strong website that is able to put you, your business motto and goals in touch with the correct customer base. You need to show up locally so future home buyers, commercial lessees, consumers, customers, locals and tourists know that you are there! Santa Barbara is a beautiful, prosperous city with dedicated locals and eager tourists looking for a taste of true SB culture. Make sure your business is ready for attention by building the best website you can.