Website Security Info, SEO Strategies, Google’s New Health Program and Much More!
1. SEO isn’t Necessarily Expensive
- Improve Your Keywords: Use words that are associated with your business and industry. Guidelines can be found at Google’s Keyword Tool.
- Tagline Titles: Give every page it’s own, separate and unique title tag. Take a look at Show Up’s portfolio pages as examples of different title taglines.
Headings: ALWAYS apply an H1,H2 and H3 in your content. These headings are essentially what determines how much your content will show up in search results.
- Internal Linking: Use hyperlinks for followers to quickly and simply browse your own website through hyperlinking your content to other pages of our site. Carefully check the credibility of your external sources when hyperlinking.
2. Website Security: Stay Updated
Having a website that fulfills all the current functions is a no brainer, but it is equally important to maintain the safety and security of your website. If you do not stay updated on your company’s software programs, their proven effectiveness can’t be practices the the best of their extent. If you don’t stay updated, it makes it seemingly easier for hackers and spammers to infiltrate your content. If you have an ecommerce site, ensure it has a valid SSL certificate and Cloudflare security. Software programs that should be constantly controlled and monitored are:
- Internet browser software
- Internet security software
- Anti-virus software
- Anti-spam software
3. Google bans payed loans ads
As of July 13, 2016 Google will apply a new restriction to their procedures; banning payed loans ads with 36% interest rate or higher. Not all payed loan ads will be gone, but they are eliminating all the loans that have a 60 days or less payment requirement. Yet another engagement in cleaning up the quality of content published online. Go Google!
“When reviewing our policies, research has shown that these loans can result in unaffordable payment and high default rates for users so we will be updating our policies globally to reflect that.” – David Graff, director of global product policy at Google
4. Do you have Google Goals?
The Google Calendar is not only used to keep track of the date, it is successfully being used to keep track of your health as well. Three weeks ago they added their latest feature that they named “Goals”. They added a little something extra as well. If you add an activity to your goals, Google will automatically find an open spot in your calendar and makes your training schedule for you. There are several other beneficial features such as the re-scheduling it does for you if you have to cancel an event. Check out the video below for more information!
It is nice to see that Google is making efforts to clean up the internet of irrelevant content. There are so many other things going on in the tech world right now. It’s challenging to stay updated on all the different things. That’s why we make these updates. It is important for us that our clients and followers receive all the necessary information to stay at the top of their digital part of the business. Show Up Web Design is here to make your digital world a safe, easy and useful place.