Tell your story, share what sets you apart, let people discover your restaurant.
You have a great new restaurant. You have spent lots of time of money and hard work making sure everything is perfect, from the menu, the tables, the lighting, the decor to match your aesthetic concept to build the proper ambience. You have an image for your restaurant, you have a color scheme, a proper custom logo. Now it’s time to build your ultimate resource in today’s world, your website. Your website needs to match the image you created for your restaurant. Why settle, after all, most customers will visit your website before they ever decide to come in for that special dish or craft cocktail you make. Time to create a website that suits your aesthetic brand, and customer’s needs. Where do you start? The options seem overwhelming and endless. Here at Show Up Web Design, we take your vision and make it a reality. Here are some of our latest picks for standout restaurant, bar, cafe, etc themes.
Creating the best bar, lounge, coffee shop or restaurant website is no easy task. WordPress themes aren’t easy to sort through and there are many important factors that are part of designing and developing a WordPress website for a restaurant or any other type of retail website, below is some theme analysis and reviews by Show Up Web Design local web designer.
- To find features that restaurant owners would like in a theme, for example OpenTable applications, SEO (Search Engine Optimized), mobile ready and responsive.
- We looked for additional tools such as custom social widgets lets us add your Twitter feed or Facebook like box to your site.
- We also selected WordPress themes which have a quick setup including: Demo content files included, child theme included, export/import prior settings and many more factors.
When you have a local business like a bar, restaurant, coffee shop or store having a smart website design and using the best Santa Barbara SEO strategies in addition to a fully built and developed WordPress service industry theme is the right choice, your next decision is to pick a theme and then pick a web developer like Show Up Web Design. Check out our selections below and contact us for more info and to start creating your ultimate restaurant website today!
Show Up Selections:
OSHINE | V18 PREMIUM WP THEME
We love Oshine. Oshine is a powerhouse, packed with hundreds of features to let you build any kind of website. It will literally dance to your tunes.
FOUNDRY Restaurant- Multipurpose WordPress Theme
FOUNDRY is a premium, multipurpose and multi-concept WordPress theme. It boasts a clean, modern design, rich with full-width visuals and photos to showcase your menu, food and ambience of your location. It offers a beautiful ajax homepage, where you can have your menu, bookings, and even incorporate your Instagram feed, reviews, and contact info, all easy to navigate while looking super sleek, modern and hip without being too cluttered or busy. FOUNDRY also comes with a winery option, which is also effortlessly cool.
ROSA- An Exquisite Restaurant Premium WordPress Theme
ROSA is purely a theme designed for restaurants, cafes and the like. It is a beautiful theme with a flowing, visual layout. The homepage is all about sharing the story of the restaurant, what makes it special, why dine there etc. It is an elegant theme with modern finishes. Have your customers discover you with ROSA.
Dining Restaurant – WordPress Theme For
Dining Restaurant is a premium WordPress Theme for any kind of restaurant, chefs and similar businesses in food & drink industry. It is very easy to setup and use. Dining Restaurant WP Theme includes many different page layouts, all customizable via administration:
- Front Page layout
- Blog Layout
- Single Blogpost
- Search Results
- Contact Us
- Book online
Chicago – Restaurant, Cafe, Bar and Bistro Theme
Chicago theme is a complete website solutions for your Restaurant, Bar, Bistro and Cafe business. However it’s so versatile that you can use it for everything you want (corporate website, portfolio) The layout looks beautiful at any size, be it a laptop screen, iPad, iPhone, Android Mobile or tablet
- Clean HTML5 / CSS3 tabless design.
- Onepage Website supported
- Visual Composer Included (28$ Value Saved)
- Slider Revolution Included (18$ Value Saved)
- One Click demo data importer
- Reservation Form
- Custom OpenTable reservation form.
- Event Manager
- Advanded Theme Options
- Compatible Browsers: IE8+, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
- Included demo data files.
- Included documentation.
What ever you are using the device your site will run as it should be. Chicago theme is fully responsive layout for all type of devices.
Cherry – Cafe & Restaurant WordPress Theme
Cherry is a restaurant WordPress theme that created by Haintheme. It is an ultimate, clean-coded and well-designed website template which suits best for restaurants, bakeries, and any food business. Apart from the most requisite features of any professional theme such as retina-ready, fully responsive layout, cross-browser compatibility and one click demo install.
Cherry Cafe & Restaurant also comes loaded with many other powerful and easy-to use functions of a typical food site. Those could not exclude are Event Extension, Smooth scroll, Menu Grid, Menu masonry and a lot more. Besides, this super flexible template includes built-in Page Builder extension which helps you set up a page by simply dragging & dropping proper shortcodes to the content without touching a line of code!
Built with passion and put a lot of love and effort into, we take a great deal of pride in Cherry and recommend you to check out the demo and full features.
Platonic – Restaurant & Event WordPress Theme
Platonic is a fully responsive premium WordPress theme that suits for every restaurant & event websites. It is built with Bootstrap 3.x and includes lots of awesome features. It includes Premium Visual Composer page builder, Premium Revolution Slider, which make it truly powerful and customizable. There are no limits to what can be achieved.
Fresh and modern design as well as its customization capabilities makes Platonic truly restaurant & event WordPress theme.
Platonic wants your website to be beautiful, powerful and easy to use.
Tavern | Pub, Restaurant & Brewery
Tavern is fully Responsive WordPress theme that looks and works great on mobile devices, tablets and computers. Tavern is a premium wordpress theme crafted both for Bar, Brew Pub, Restaurant & Brewery.
- Built with HTML5 and CSS3
- One-Click demo install
- 3 Homepage Layouts
- Events Calendar
- Booking System
- Slider Options
- Plugins Compatibility
- Unique Shortcodes
- SEO Ready
- All images/illustrations are for preview purposes only and are not included in the download files.
Nosh – Restaurant and Bar WordPress Theme
Nosh is an exciting and sophisticated restaurant & bar theme for WordPress. Smart, modern, robust and amazingly customizable. A beautifully designed and considered multi-purpose restaurant WordPress theme, Nosh can be crafted to suit any size restaurant, bar or food outlet. Clean and minimal, amazingly versatile and user focused, Nosh provides all the necessary elements and functions to have a successful restaurant website.
Bar & Restaurant WordPress Theme Search
Appropriately we are named “Show Up Web Design” because of our firms roots in search engine optimization (SEO). Showing up in google is no easy task, Google doesn’t want companies to artificially inflate their rankings, Google wants you to rank according to their algorithm and your website’s merit.
Hypothetically speaking, the entire “SEO” industry is trying to enhance the merit of your site so, your site can rank higher on Google. Aggressive SEO or “blackhat” SEO could and should kill your search rankings and how you show up in google. The best SEO strategy is an honest one, earn your website’s search rankings. We gave you some tips and tricks in a previous post The Savvy Seven, and below we outline some simple SEO tips to show up in google when first starting a site.
Submit Your Site to the Google Search Console
Google adds new sites to their index, and updates existing ones, every time they crawl the web. If you have a new URL, tell them about it via the Google Search Console. Google does not add all submitted URLs to their index, and Google can’t make predictions or guarantees about when or if submitted URLs will appear their our index. However, it is the most simple and straightforward way to add your site to the Google index, having your website rank in the index is a different story.
Clear URL Branding & Pooling
Links, Backlinks & Link Building
- The best way to get links is to submit a worthy prerelease to your local paper
- Locate references to your, your blog, business without links and contact the website owner and ask for a link.
- Have quality content people want to link too. Become a authority in your industry and links will follow.
Content is King
Whats on your site actually does matter. Targeting the right keywords will help you show up, if you have relevant, important and useful content people will go to your website and link to it. Create a superior product or service and the visitors and links will follow.
With these simple tips you will be on your way to show up on google, for more advice, tips or to show up on google contact us.
As one of the few Santa Barbara Web Design firms that specializes in WordPress development for websites, mobile sites and over all UX/UI we are proud to offer a complete suite of WordPress development services. For a client who needs a WordPress site we typically do a very simple custom web design with a customizable WordPress Theme the client loves.
As a personal long time WordPress supporter, developer, moderator and user we’re happy to announce our business WordPress Profile so you can track some of our work and WordPress contributions.
What is Content Management System?
“A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems of content management provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual steps or an automated cascade. CMSs have been available since the late 1990s. CMSs are often used to run websites containing blogs, news, and shopping. Many corporate and marketing websites use CMSs. CMSs typically aim to avoid the need for hand coding, but may help it for specific elements or entire pages.”
The use of WordPress has been been increasing substantially and is really showing up online. We use WordPress as our platform, we’re able to offer a wide range of design options, widget add-ons, search engine optimization, and an easy-to-use content management system so that you can update your site at your convenience.
“74,652,825 sites out there are depending on good ol’ WordPress. That’s one site per person in Turkey. Around 50% of this figure (close to 37 million) is hosted on the free WordPress.com. In the realm of self-hosted sites, WordPress accounts for 18.9% of all websites.” – Akismet
The WordPress & SEO Relationship
We started using WordPress for our Santa Barbara clients because “google loves WordPress” not only is WordPress easy to use for our Santa Barbara clients WordPress is easy to crawl and the google bots know how to navigate WordPress site maps, posts and pages very well, for a Santa Barbara WordPress developer that is the best of all worlds.
Google is constantly changing their ranking system and smart content management systems and Santa Barbara SEO is essential to maintaining a strong web presence in the local Santa Barbara website community/search results.
As a SEO company Show Up Web Design thinks the best Santa Barbara websites show up highly ranked in Google, part of a websites ranking have to do with their content management system. This is not an easy task for WordPress so we add other services for our clients to boost their SEO such as: freelance writing, PR writing, article writing and overall search engine optimization.
More about WordPress UX and UI Design.
“The people you have eavesdropped on are actually discussing two professions that despite having been around for decades, and in theory for centuries, have been defined by the tech industry as UX and UI Design.
UX Design refers to the term User Experience Design, while UI Design stands for User Interface Design. Both elements are crucial to a product and work closely together. But despite their professional relationship, the roles themselves are quite different, referring to very different parts of the process and the design discipline. Where UX Design is a more analytical and technical field, UI Design is closer to what we refer to as graphic design, though the responsibilities are somewhat more complex.”
Follow these simple, yet strategic tips for website creation, design, and branding success.
1. Never underestimate the power your online presence has and the business it can generate. Think of your company or professional website as your first impression. Don’t you want to make a great- and lasting impression upon first meeting? Most “first impressions” happen online today. Make sure your website is modern, clean and easy to navigate. Most importantly, make sure your website clearly illustrates what you do, who you are, what you stand for (as a business).
2. Please make it easy for people to find what they need. We all know how frustrating it is when we go to a website and can’t find business hours, contact information, a restaurant’s menus, the list goes on and on. The main reason to go to a website is for more information. Have your business information easily accessible and ready for current and future customers/ clients/ fans etc. Integrate your social media accounts so people can like you on facebook, follow you on twitter. People will get over clicking around and leave your site within ten seconds. Don’t lose the traffic!
3. A responsive, dynamic design is crucial. This means making sure your site is desktop, tablet and mobile friendly. You want current and potential clients and customers to be able to navigate through your site on all devices. Test your site to make sure your theme is modern and is responsive, a study recently reported that “more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US and Japan.” With that said, you definitely want a mobile presence.
4. All about that branding. Branding is vital to any business or professional. If your business cards, website, and logo don’t mesh and are not consistent, you are not branding yourself properly. The idea is you have a business, product and your website and marketing materials match the vibe of that business/ product. If you are designing or redesigning your website, make sure to follow through on all other aspects to ensure consistency of your brand. Order updated business cards, manage your social media accounts and update photos, logos etc. It is the first thing that separates the amateurs from the pros.
5. Content will always be King. Always remember this: people like to be engaged, and they want fresh, relevant content. Aim for at least 400 words in an article on your site and always include 1-3 applicable images. Content should never include “filler” or fluff” or be outdated and useless. Use AdWords for help in determining strategic content.Content is key for branding, SEO, and your reputation. In regards to content, quality and quantity matter; quality meaning well written, information and engaging, quantity meaning how often you add and update your site’s content.
6. Know your link neighborhood. Another crucial tip for SEO. Don’t be the bad neighbor, or the neighbor nobody wants to visit. Make sure you don’t include too many links, broken or bad links, or have too many ads on your site and in your articles. Provide your readers and visitors with useful and trusted links. Do not send anyone to a sub-par resource or site, it will annoy them and you will lose your credibility with not only them but with Google too. Do the research and spend the extra time to make sure your hood is safe and friendly.
7. Trust your web developer & choose carefully. Because your online presence is such a big deal, you shouldn’t just trust anyone with designing it. Seek out other company sites that are popular or the aesthetic you prefer and find out who their designer/ developer is. Request consultations with designers. It also helps to go local. You can ask friends for referrals and see a designer’s portfolio and their success online. A local designer is essentially your own personal project manager, creative director, technical officer and marketing exec all at your fingertips. A local designer’s reputation only flourishes due to a strong local following based on their body of work. Ensuring your happiness with the end result of the project is their number one objective. Choosing local is great if you want to be able to interface with someone, especially if your business is local. They know your area, they know what works, trust them.